Flexible displays are flexible display devices made of soft materials. As thin as paper, even if the power is cut off, the content will not disappear. It is also called "electronic paper".
Flexible display, using PHOLED phosphorescent OLED technology, has low power consumption, directly visible flexible panel, made of soft materials, and flexible display device. The main feature is designed for the cockpit of future pilots. The use of non-glass materials will not affect the safety of the catapult.
Deformable and bendable
Arizona State University's Flexible Display Center (FDC) announces a breakthrough flexible display technology in the development of flexible, glass-free substrates. The world's first touchscreen active matrix display. This revolutionary display is the first to demonstrate flexibility The electronic display enables instant user input. The result of this breakthrough is the combination of low-temperature thin-film transistor technology in the center of flexible displays, high-performance polyethylene naphthalate from DuPont Teijin Films, and VizplexTM from E INK to form active matrix electrophoresis (electronic paper) displays. The touch screen function integrates a low-power display controller jointly developed by E INK and EPSON.
The flexible display uses PHOLED phosphorescent OLED technology. This technology is characterized by low power consumption, small size, and direct visual flexibility.
1. Low power consumption: This flexible touchscreen display supports instant user input via stylus or touch, and consumes power only when the electronic paper is enabled. Once sketched on the screen, the information can be stored or sent wirelessly before erasing. Compared with traditional screens, the power consumption is more than 30%.
2. Small size and light weight: Up to now, the display device has the same weight, thickness and volume as the TV computer display, and is fixed in a certain place indoors. Flexible displays have extremely thin, deformable features. As distinct devices, they can be used for very different purposes. The average screen weight is only 20KGS / M2, which is 40KGS / M2 lighter than traditional screens. The thickness of the flexible screen is only 0.01mm, which is 0.15mm thinner than the traditional screen.
3. Various display methods: Flexible color displays for full-color display include plastic film and other organic EL or organic semiconductor (OLED) layers.
4. Convenient transportation: The super softness allows the screen to be rolled into a cylindrical shape, which is more convenient for packaging and transportation.
5. Easy installation: The lightweight control box can be spliced arbitrarily and is not limited by orientation, which saves 90% of installation costs compared to conventional displays.
6. Superior picture quality: The use of high-power SMD5050 lamps guarantees high brightness and high-definition picture display on the display screen, achieving the same viewing effect as traditional screens.
7. Waterproof performance: Ultra-high waterproof grade IP68, the screen body can be completely filled with water, suitable for outdoor use.