The difference between LED and LCD display
Distinguishing method: LCD must pass through a layer of polarizer at the end, and what comes out must be polarized light...; therefore, take a polarizer and turn it around, you can see the brightness change is LCD. However, there is a problem that the circular polarizer for linear polarization cannot be seen, and vice versa, so it is best to try both linear and circular polarizers. If there is no change, it is usually LED.
Advantages of LED display compared to LCD
1) Low power consumption, can be made ultra-thin, for example: mobile phone LCD screen
2) Strong seismic performance, generally will not cause the display to be dark due to impact. CCFL is similar to our fluorescent lamp, it is glass, it is easy to break.
3) Good color saturation, LED display shows more colors than LCD, making color performance better.
4) The lifespan of both the LED display and the LCD screen is about 50,000 hours, but the LCD display will age and the brightness will decline after working for a long time.
5) The LED is green and environmentally friendly. The cathode of the CCFL lamp tube is enclosed in a glass tube with an inert gas Ne+Ar mixed gas, which contains a small amount of mercury vapor.
The difference between lcd and led
1. Brightness, the response speed of a single element of the LED display is 1000 times that of the LCD liquid crystal screen, and its brightness is more advantageous than the LCD liquid crystal screen. The LED display can also be illuminated under strong light, and it can adapt- Low temperature of 40°C.
2. Power consumption. Compared with LCD, the ratio of LED power consumption is about 10:1, and LED has a great advantage in power consumption.
3. The viewing angle, the viewing angle of the LCD display is very limited. As long as the deviation angle is slightly larger, you cannot see the content on the LCD screen, or even see nothing; while the LED can provide a viewing angle of 160° , Occupies a great advantage in the visual range.
4. Refresh rate, LED application electric energy is converted into light energy, adopting injection principle, so its refresh rate is higher, and then it is better in video screen processing.
5. Contrast. The currently known high-contrast LCD display is 350:1, but in many cases, it cannot meet various needs, but the LED display can reach higher and be more widely used.
6. Appearance, LED application light-emitting diode is the basic, for LCD, its display can be made thinner.
7. The scope of application. The scope of application of the LED display is wider than that of the LCD display. It can display various text, numbers, color images and animation information, as well as video, video, VCD, DVD and other color video signals. More importantly, Multiple screens can be used for network broadcasting.
8. The service life of the LED display screen is mostly about 100,000 hours. Under normal conditions, it can be used for decades, but LCD is much less than LED.
9. Color. The color of LED screens is more realistic than that of LCD screens. This is because LED TVs have more color gamuts than LCDs.